Friday Morning Volunteers
The Sharing Table partners with Food Donation Connection to pick up food from local restaurants to distribute to our guests in need. You would use your vehicle to make the food pickups and deliver the food to Prince of Peace Catholic Church in Edgewood.
Wawa: Friday 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. on a rotating schedule
- Drivers are needed to pick up food from 3 Wawa locations in Harford County using your personal vehicle. Insulated bags are supplied to pick up donations of frozen food.
Panera: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. on a rotating schedule
- Drivers are needed to pick up food from Panera and possibly Catholic Charities.
BJ’s Wholesale Club – 9:00 a.m. – 11: 00 a.m. on a rotating schedule
- Drivers are needed to pick up food from BJ’s in Abingdon
Saturday Guest Meal Delivery: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on a rotating schedule
- Drivers are needed to deliver meals and groceries to guests that previously attended The Sharing Table inside dinning but have no transportation to pick up meals or groceries in the drive thru. Most of these guests have been coming to The Sharing Table for many years. You would use your own car to deliver meals and groceries to the guests.
Bagging Groceries: 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. on a rotating schedule
- Volunteers are needed to bag groceries and sort food donations that are distributed to our guests each week. Each guest receives groceries and items from Wawa, Panera, Woodlea Bakery and BJ’s.
Serving Group: 10:00 – 1:30 p.m. on a prearranged schedule
- Groups of 6-8 people are needed to provide hot food for lunch, prepare other food to be served, prepare take out containers, serve and clean up after lunch. Each group is responsible for providing the entrée for about 250 people.